Under the category of assessment of a learner’s existing English language competency, we provide counselling, and BEC Diagnostic Test.
Counselling helps to determine at what level an individual’s current Business English language competency lies and which training is appropriate for him or her.
The Business English Certificate (BEC) Diagnostic test is administered by PeopleEnglish to those who want to write the Cambridge ESOL – BEC examination. Its helps determine which of the three levels of the BEC examination is appropriate for the individual.
Business English: The Business English course is essentially practical and designed to improve communicative performance in a wide range of professional, business and commercial contexts. It may include the language of meetings, negotiations, making presentations, dealing with numerical data, telephoning, socialising and entertaining, fax, e-mail, letter and report-writing.
General English (Four levels): General English language courses are designed, above all, to be practical, effective and enjoyable! You will not only improve your confidence and fluency in speaking, listening and understanding, but also extend your knowledge of grammar and vocabulary. They are offered at four levels as recommended by the University of Cambridge – Beginner, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, and Upper Intermediate. You can also choose to prepare for an internationally- recognised examination or to take some additional individual one to one training to focus on your special needs. Topics (as appropriate for each level):
- Learn and improve grammar (tenses, parts of speech, articles, prepositions, phrasal verbs, transitive and intransitive verbs, auxiliary and modal verbs, compund nouns, clauses, linkers, words of contrast, asking questions, conditionals)
- Improve vocabulary in a wide variety of areas
- Translate English words into mother tongue for better understanding
- Improve writing skills including letter writing, narration, descriptions, story telling, hypothetical situations, advertisements, making lists, punctuation
- Improve pronunciation, spoken skills
- Review and self-study exercises
The following examinations are suitable for schools, younger learners, and college students:
KET: Cambridge English: Key, also known as Key English Test (KET), is a basic level qualification that shows you can use English to communicate in simple situations. It shows you have made a good start in learning English. By taking the KET exam:
- Prove you can communicate at a basic level in English
- Take a high-quality test that is fair to everyone
- Valid for immigration to the United Kingdom
PET: Cambridge English: Preliminary, also known as Preliminary English Test (PET), is an intermediate level qualification. It shows you are able to use your English language skills for work, study and travel.
FCE: Cambridge English: First, also known as First Certificate in English (FCE), is an upper-intermediate level qualification. It proves you can use everyday written and spoken English for work or study purposes.